The 2017 Seven Day Roguelike Challenge invites developers to produce a complete roguelike game in seven short days. The challenge dates are set for 4-12 March 2017. Participants are challenged to complete a game in a 168 hour window within this time period.
- Go here: http://7drl.org (soak up all the information)
- Go here: http://www.roguebasin.com/index.php?title=7DRL_Challenge_2017 (read everything)
- Visit the Temple http://7drl.roguetemple.com and marvel at the giants whose shoulders you may stand upon to reach higher
- Take a peek at the ones who made it on itch.io https://itch.io/games/tag-7drl
- Trawl the 7DRL twitterati for nuggets of extra info https://twitter.com/hashtag/7drl & spend some facetime with facebook https://www.facebook.com/7drlc/
- Listen to Roguelike Radio's new 7DRL episode for inspiration: http://www.roguelikeradio.com/2017/02/episode-133-how-to-make-traditional-7drl.html
- Peruse here for community tidbits and information: https://www.reddit.com/r/roguelikes/
- Converse with the experts and rockstars of Roguelike Development: https://www.reddit.com/r/roguelikedev/
- Learn how to code a RL http://www.roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Roguelike_Dev_FAQ or http://www.roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Complete_Roguelike_Tutorial,_using_python%2Blibtcod or https://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-make-your-first-roguelike--gamedev-13677 or https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/projects/2d-roguelike-tutorial or http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/JoshGe/20170207/290928/Two_Years_of_Roguelike_Development_FAQs.php or watch this https://youtu.be/9yJflbg0V38 or google "roguelike development coding"...
- Sign up, Get creative, Make something, Live the roguelike dev dream!!
P.S. Featured image is from a previous 7DRL created by Jeff Lait (yep, the guy on the latest Roguelike Radio episode) called Viscious Orcs.